Yes! Another taobao review! This time a wigs from another local cosplayer favorite, Lucaille!
You may be wondering why does the store front look so different and why am I not making a review based on their taobao shop counterpart.
Here are my reasons:
- I prefer purchasing my wigs directly from the shop rather than go through the hassle of finding an agent and paying an addition percent for service.
- I have been in contact with Lucaille for almost a year, however earlier this year during an inquiry I was redirected by their customer service to their international website made for the convenience of their international clients.
- This new site has been more efficient in terms of my purchases as the total amount with the shipment is already calculated unlike before that there is a separate calculation for shipment.
To be able to purchase, you have to create an account. Although you can purchase without making an account, they give out loyalty points per purchase you make (depending on the items) in which if you acquire enough points you can get freebies or discounts from them. Can’t say no to that, ne? 😀
As you can see you don’t have to wait for Google Chrome to translate the page anymore as everything has been translated to English. Although the English isn’t perfect it’s still good enough to help navigate you around. However, what I don’t like about the site is the navigation for the members’ area which can get a bit confusing and the info of your shipment as when I get my tracking number its already halfway here.
Positive aspects of Lucaille wigs:
- The color is amazing in person so what you see on the shop photo is what you get
- Strands are heat-resistant and are easily to style and brush
- Perfect fit for heads with small circumferences (I didn’t need to hook it up anymore)
- Not much of “falling hair” on my side
Negative aspects of Lucaille wigs:
- As mentioned the wigs are perfect for heads with small circumferences so it may pose as a problem which may over stretch the wig